Successful construction management depends on a comprehensive knowledge of all of the components of home construction. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the stages of a residential construction build, beginning with Estimation and pre-construction processes, then moving through the various construction components of completing a building project, from retaining walls and foundations to framing, fixtures, mechanical systems (e.g. building envelope), and more.
- The Estimation Process and Preliminary Procedures
- Footings and Foundations
- Retaining walls, Masonry walls, ICFs,
- Drainage and Waterproofing
- Slab, Grades, Crawl Space
- Floors, Beams, Joist Systems, TJI’s, Girder Systems, Porches and Decks
- Roofing, Trusses, Chimney, Flashing, Gutter and Downspouts
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Framing, Treads and Risers, Handrails, Exterior Stairs, Steps, Landing
- Moisture and Air Barriers, Windows, Doors, Insulation, Exterior Finishes
- Garages, Carports, Walkways, Driveways and Landscaping
- Heating, Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical systems, AC’s
- HRV, Plumbing Fixtures, Electrical Fixtures
CPD group A points: 3.5
CPD group B points: 0
This half day classroom course is a mix of business and financial planning and a residential construction and the stages of a construction project.
Candidates for this course:
Would benefit Designers, Drafts persons, Inspectors, Site Supervisors, Construction Managers, Warranty Representatives and Technicians, Trades, Suppliers, Support Staff, Customer Service Representatives, and Management.
Please call our office to register at 778-682-1550
t: 778-889-4251 Karam
t: 604-729-8482 Sukh