This course teaches participants about all elements of reading blueprints, including drawings, specifications, dimensions, elevation, schedules and surveys, through instruction, as well as with sample blueprints for participants to interpret.
- Basics and Knowledge of Blueprint Reading
- Understanding the Measurements, Layouts, Elevation Readings
- Understanding the Survey, Survey Reading measurements
- Blueprint knowledge of storm, sanitary inverts, mark-ups, understanding the engineering drawings
- Understanding the Structural Hierarchy
- Understanding the flow of connections, swales, retaining walls, tree requirements
- Knowledge of architectural, civil, electrical, and mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of the architectural & engineering scales, measures
- Knowledge to convert engineering dimensions to architectural, truss layouts
- Identifying a floor plan, cross section details, roof plan, and elevation
- Understand symbols, notations, abbreviations, and material schedules
- To work with the drawings to obtain basic information of dimensions, details, area calculations, and the ability to execute them
CPD group A points: 3.5
CPD group B points: 0
This half day classroom course teaches those who have little or no experience how to read blueprints and specifications for both residential and commercial projects, an important foundation skill in the construction industry and a core competency for BC Residential Builders.
Candidates for this course:
Anyone who is new to reading blueprints. Would benefit Designers, Drafts persons, Inspectors, Site Supervisors, Construction Managers, Warranty Representatives and Technicians, Trades, Suppliers, Support Staff, Customer Service Representatives, and Management.
Morning Session 8:15 AM – 12:00 PM
Please call our office to register at 778-682-1550
t: 778-889-4251 Karam
t: 604-729-8482 Sukh
e: [email protected]
Sukh Sethi provides training services for the construction industry. Sukh has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is a Certified Home Inspector. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has many years of construction experience.